The establishment of Nowy Most settlement dates back to 1686. A hundred years later in 1785, there was manor house in Nowy Most. The present Nowy Most settlement consists of five farms. 300 m away from them, behind the Krutynia river on a small hillock surrounded by a forest, a PTTK (Polish Tourism Association) Riverside Hostel was built for tourists travelling by boat along the river. It was open on 23 July 1976 and it has survived in this form until today.
In December 1977 after the establishment of the Masurian Landscape Park, the centre became a part of it. It is surrounded by the nature reserves of the Pisz Forest, the largest forest in Masuria (86 thousand ha). It lies between the Krutynia nature reserve and the Pierwos nature reserve. It is situated directly at the Krutynia river, which flows through the Mrągowo Lakeland, the Masurian Plain and the Great Lakes Region, the forests of the Pisz Forest, and from the Mokre Lake also through the Masurian Landscape Park.
In 2012 the riverside hostel adopted the name PERŁA KRUTYNI (PEARL OF THE KRUTYNIA) Leisure – Tourist Centre. 2012 also saw the initiation of a programme aimed at renovation of the facilities along with adaptation of them to the standards expected by contemporary tourists and holidaymakers. In order to preserve the natural, cultural and historical values of this area for the needs of science, education and tourism, the modernisation process will be carried out while preserving the current architecture of the riverside hostel as well as the nature surrounding it. We do not wish to introduce any significant external alterations. The centre will still serve as a riverside hostel. Each canoer will be able to rest here, using the accommodation in the camping houses or by staying at the camping site. However, at the same time we also provide recreation for people who wish to spend a longer time in our place, visiting the surroundings or enjoying the environment and using the equipment the centre provides.
The PERŁA KRUTYNI is the most beautifully situated, cosy leisure and tourist centre along the route of the Krutynia river surrounded by a forest and clinging tightly to the river. The centre neighbours the Krutynia Reserve, where in the autumn, just before the sunrise, you can participate in a wonderful miracle of the autumn nature – the deer rutting ritual. We are situated along the part of the Krutynia river (in its lower run) which is reached by fish coming from the Gardyńskie and the Malinówko lakes protected against fishing activities. The closest environment consists only of forest nature and the river. Enjoying walks in the forest, angling, bike trips, canoe trips, sunbathing on the beach or the platform as well as swimming in the Krutynia river in, using the recreational and leisure equipment as well as the accommodation and the restaurant facilities the centre provides will allow everyone to spend their holiday in a pleasant atmosphere.
The area of the centre is separated from the forest environment with rod fences and is equipped with lighting, a wi-fi connection spot and access to cellular networks. Waste should be segregated and placed in labelled containers. Dogs are welcome, but must have documented up-to-date vaccination history, must be walked outside the centre and their owners are required to clean up after them. Should a dog present any signs of posing a threat to other guests or animals, the staff may order the owner to keep the dog on a leash.
These are two-room, insulated Holidaymakers may use the devices the centre provides, including the following:
Canteen for 60 people,
Bar with a roofed terrace for 40 people
Television, ping-pong table, volleyball playing field
Water equipment rental post
Bike rental place
Beach and swimming area
Platform on the river
Bonfire and barbecue site
Hammocks and deckchairs
Just by the river there is a campsite with tables for tourists travelling by canoe. The area has also been provided with a separated bonfire site.